Saturday, April 26, 2008

price rises

I remembered 2 months ago, my mum asked me to buy some instant mee from nearby shop. When I reached the shop, I took the maggie brand instant mee and brought to the counter. I was surprised to see the price appeared on the cashier machine screen which showed $1.60. i asked the cashier, why the price rised since previously i remembered i only paid $1.20 for the 5 pieces of instant curry maggie.



The only simple answer I received was, " flour price rises".



What the cashier wanted to say was since maggie mee made from flour, rising in price of flour will also rise the price for instant maggie.



At first i didn't believe the price for flour to rise in Brunei. Although malaysia news always said few things rises in price but usually it will not affect the price of that thing in Brunei. But it is no longer true nowadays. Last 3 weeks, I went to Milimewah in lambak and I took this oppurtunity to check the price for a kilo of flour. I was surprised to know the price was $1.50 per kilo(see pic) price rises by 50%! I know it only cost a dollar for 1 Kilo of flour 3 years ago!

Now i am comparing today and days during my childhood, from what I remebered, the price of foods few years ago was quite cheap compared with todays price.



the rises in flour price already make us feel unhappy and asked government to do something about it, but thanks to our oil price which is still constant ($0.547 per litre for my car fuel), Imagine if you are outside Brunei!. Do you know that few days ago, the price for oil reaching up to USD120 per barrel! and the price was around USD 30-40 in year 2002!, that a lots of increasing in price ,right?. It is good Brunei have their own production of oil, if we need to import oil from outside, I believe a lots of cars will stay at home, maaybe including mine too!



So people outside there, plese be thankful to our Majestry as well as our governmet.



When you meet Singaporean and Malaysian and please do ask them about the oil price in their country, you will surprise to hear their story.


next time I will blog about oil price...

No comments:

Post a Comment